The Maharashtra Economic Development Council [MEDC] was constituted more than five decades back in 1957, i.e. on 29th June 1957, by the prominent Chambers of Commerce and Business and Industries Associations in Maharashtra, as a symbol of social responsibility of business and industry, under the Stewardship of the late Dr. Dhananjayrao Gadgil, eminent Economist and former Dy. Chairman of the Planning Commission, Govt. of India. The Council has always been fortunate to have eminent personalities and experts in business & industry, economic and administrative fields as its Presidents, who have actively supported and guided the affairs of the Council to serve the business and industry in our State. Leading personalities who had adorned the Presidentship of the Council so far are : (Late) Shri Lalchand Hirachand, (Late) Shri S.L. Kirloskar, (Late) Shri Nani Palkhivala, Shri Keshub Mahindra, Shri Subhash Dandekar, Shri Adi Godrej, Shri M.N. Chaini, Mr. Nandkishor Kagliwal… They moulded it in their special and inimitable ways to give it the image and eminence the MEDC commands to-day. The vision and exquisite leadership of these personalities has made the MEDC a UNIQUE Research & Development Organization not only in Maharashtra but also in India, by virtue of its research-oriented services and nature of membership.
The activities of MEDC are being re-vitalized to bring in additional services which will help your business to grow. MEDC being pro-active now provides you with the following services
* Economy / Business : Latest vital information and Economic data – Global and Domestic, for business and industries.
* Research Studies / Reports / Publications : MEDC research publications are based on insightful analysis, comprehensive information coverage and authentic data which act as a road-map for the investor.
* Govt. policies / dialogue : Information on recent changes / amendments in govt. policies and concerned Govt. Depts.
* Conferences / Business Meetings : MEDC organizes useful and action-oriented Seminars, Conferences and Discussion- Meetings on vital issues of topical interest to business and industry. Join our International Conferences / Seminars and Business Meetings.
* Foreign Delegates : MEDC lead Delegations to overseas which provide linkages with other countries to explore your business.
* Access our Database and Digital Library.
* Personalized Services : MEDC will work on your behalf and take up issues with Govt. Depts., help you in launching products, obtaining permissions for setting up of your unit in Maharashtra, etc.
* Advertisement of your organisation / Tenders notice / Company Profile / Products lunching etc. on MEDC web-site
* Advisory Services : * Preparation of Basic profile of the project and all the aspects in terms of Technical, Financial and Marketing related to the project.
* Evaluation of the information provided by the Government / Government Agency on the project.
* Preparation of Bankable Project Report
* Helping the investor with getting the government clearances needed for successful implementation of the project.
* Identification of prospective investors to finance the project.
55 Constituent members comprising leading Chambers of Commerce, Industries Associations and about 800 Associate members, comprising small, medium and large industries, banks, & financial institutions, management consultancy organizations, research and educational institutions.
Regional Offices At : Nashik, Pune, Aurangabad & Nagpur